This dish was my lunch on the other day when the fridge was screaming that it is empty. Somehow I managed to use all the old veggies and the leftover feta cheese to this warm salad and it turned out to be insanely delicious with fried egg, feta cheese, tahini and lemon drops on top. This dish would be perfect for weekend breakfast when served with fried egg.
1 table spoon olive oil
1 peeled and chopped garlic
2 centimeter piece fresh chili
1 handful of thin carrot sticks
1 handful of red onion slices
1 handful of chopped celery sticks
1 handful of drained chickpeas
1 handful of broccoli pieces
2 handfuls fresh spinach
salt and black pepper for seasoning
drops of lemon and tahini on top
feta cheese on top
2 fried eggs on top (optional)
1. Peel and cut the veggies.
2. Heat the pan with olive oil and add garlic, chili, carrot sticks, onion slices and chopped celery into it. Fry about 10-15 minutes, mix every now and then, until carrots start to be “al dente”.
3. In the meanwhile all this, fry the eggs in oil and season them with salt and pepper.
4. Add drained chickpeas and broccoli into the veggie pan and fry about two minutes.
5. Add spinach leaves and turn them into the veggies.
6. Season with salt and black pepper.
7. Place veggies into plates. Squeeze lemon drops and sprinkle tahini on top. Add feta cheese pieces. Place the egg on top of everything. Enjoy as slow weekend breakfast or fresh lunch.