What you think about the colour of this pasta-dish? It is quite delicious, isn’t it and with natural colours. :) Beet roots have so beautiful red colour, sweet taste and they are now in the season, so why wouldn’t you give a try for this delicious pasta. Kale chips were totally “cherry on the top” and gave some nice crispiness to this dish.
Pasta (for two hungry ones or four small portions):
500 grams beets, about three medium sizes
1 table spoon olive oil
1 onion, medium size
3 cloves garlic
1 table spoon fresh thyme
150 g cream cheese flavoured with herbs
2,5 dl water
2 table spoons lime juice
salt and black pepper for seasoning
300 grams pasta
4 big leaves kale
sprinkle of olive oil
sprinkle of lime juice
salt and black pepper
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Wash beets and wrap them to foil and bake about 1 hour in 225 celsius until softened. Take beets out of the oven and sett oven temperature to 150 celsius for kale. Let beets cool down and peel them and cut into small cubes.
2. Make the kale ready to jump into oven. Rip the kale leaves on top of an oven tray covered with baking paper, sprinkle olive oil, lime juice, salt and black pepper to them and turn them around that seasoning will attach into them evenly. Fry in an oven about 15 minutes in 150 celsius. Keep eye on the kales, because they burn quite easily. Chips are ready when they are turned bit darker and seem crispy.
3. Peel and chop the onion and garlic cloves.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and garlic. Fry in medium heat about 10 minutes, until onions have softened.
5. Add chopped beets and thyme. Mix. Poor water, cheese and lime juice into pan and let the sauce simmer in low temperature.
6. Cook the pasta in heavily salted water (4 teaspoons salt/2,5 litres water)
7. When the pasta is almost ready, season the sauce with black pepper.
8. Save couple of decilitres of the hot pasta water and drain the rest of the water away.
9. Poor sauce on top of the tagliatelle and stir sauce into pasta. Add hot water if necessary.
10. Check the taste. Add salt and black pepper if needed.
11. Place beet root tagliatelle into plates, toss kale chips and parmesan on top and ground some black pepper as well. Voíla!