My weekend breakfast moments normally include something sweet. However, sometimes it is good idea to try a bit healthier sweet treats. Good example are these lovely gluten free waffles made out of chickpea flour, buckwheat flour and tapioca flour that makes then totally gluten free.
There are many reasons why would be a good idea to add naturally gluten free chick pea flour to your daily diet. Here is just a few; it has much protein (12,6g/100g) so it is quite filling, it is rich on fibres (almost 10 grams per 100 g) and on iron. In addition, it is easy to use as a substitute to wheat flour.
I served these waffles with raspberries, pecan nuts, yoghurt and honey. You can use your own favourites and why not to use savoury toppings as well. Then just left out the honey from the dough. The texture in the waffles is bit more dense than in regular wheat flour ones, but they for sure fill your tummy well.
Ingredients (about 8 pieces, depending of the size of your iron):
2 dl chickpea flour
1 dl buckwheat flour
2 table spoons tapioca flour
1/4 tea spoon salt
1/2 tea spoon baking soda
2 dl milk
1,5 table spoons honey
about 1/2 dl oil to grease the waffle iron
This is how you do it:
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Add eggs and milk and stir until the dough is even.
3. Finally, add honey and mix.
4. When the waffle iron is warm, grease it with oil using brush so you don’t burn your waffles into iron. Do this every time before adding dough to the iron. Fry the waffles until they reach beautiful golden brown colour.
5. Serve with fillings of your choice.
Have a lovely weekend! <3